Together with the Simple PCIe FMC Carrier – SPEC, the FMC DAC 600M 12B 1CHA DDS board makes a complete WR RF distribution node. The idea of RF distribution over WR is described in the Distributed Direct Digital Synthesis over White Rabbit (D3S) project: https://ohwr.org/project/wr-d3s/wikis/home
- Low-Pin Count FMC
- 14-bit 600MHz DAC (MAX5890EGK+D) with splitter and amplifier
- ADF4002 phase detector + programmable LPF + 16-bit ADC
- AD9510 PLL with external oscillator for jitter cleaning of the synthesized RF signal
- 4-layer PCB
- On-board thermometer IC (DS18B20U+)
- 64kbit EEPROM (24AA64T-I/MC) connected for storing application parameters
- 2 LEDs
I/Os (LEMO 00)
- 50 Ohm RF reference in (up to 500 MHz)
- 50 Ohm RF monitor/synthesis out (up to 500 MHz)
- Jitter < 20ps RMS (V2-1 design)
- Divided beam clock output (LVTTL)
- External Trigger input (LVTTL)
- Fine-delay adjusted RF synchronous trigger output (LVTTL)
- 1x user-specified frequency VCTCXO controlled by the AD9510 PLL for low additional jitter cleaning
- 1x 25 MHz TCXO controlled by a DAC with SPI interface (AD5662, used by White Rabbit PTP core)
- Low-jitter frequency synthesizer/fanout (AD9516)
- Trigger output (beam-clock synchronous) with fine delay adjustment by SY89295
This module has been designed to be used together with the Simple PCIe FMC Carrier – SPEC for distributing periodic (mainly clock) signals of arbitrary frequencies over a White Rabbit network. Possible applications in the accelerators are: beam-synchronous timing, RF clock distribution and RF or beam-synchronous signal acquisition.
More technical information:
We offer electronics engineering consultancy services, including: custom modifications of hardware, custom firmware and gateware modifications, system design, integration and testing.
Please contact us concerning details of your order and any requirements you may have towards our equipment. All shipping details will be set up as well.