Kasli is capable of controlling up to 12 Eurocard Extension Modules (EEMs). It can act as either an ARTIQ master, or as a satellite connected to the master via DRTIO. It is compatible with the Sinara EEM standard.
- Xilinx Artix-7 100T FPGA, 512 MB DDR3 RAM, SPI flash.
- Clock recovery and distribution network.
- USB connectivity for communication, debugging and flashing.
- 4 high speed 6 GB/s transceivers for Ethernet and DRTIO.
- 12 EEM ports for Eurocard Extension modules.
Front panel connections
- 4 SFP connectors each with a LED indicator.
- SFP0: Ethernet in stand-alone (if Kasli is master), DRTIO upstream otherwise
- SFP1 – 3: DRTIO downstream
- 1 micro-USB for JTAG, serial console, I2C master.
- 1 SMA for the clock recovery and clock distribution chip used as RTIO reference clock input (5 dBm sine/square recommended).
Barrel connector for +12V power, used for Kasli and passed through to the EEM IDCs. Compatible with locking barrel connectors for increased ruggedness.
- 12 EEM connectors available on the board.
- 4 MMCX connectors with reference clock for EEMs.
This module can be used for building control and measurement systems for optical and quantum physics experiments and development of quantum technologies. In particular, the Sinara ecosystem is tailored to the needs of working with trapped ions and cold atoms. Compatible with ARTIQ software.
We offer electronics engineering consultancy services related to Sinara hardware, including: custom modifications of hardware, custom firmware and gateware modifications, system design, integration and testing.
Please contact us concerning details of your order and any requirements you may have towards our equipment. All shipping details will be set up as well.