Urukul provides sub-Hz frequency resolution, controlled phase steps and accurate output amplitude control.
- 4 DDS channels.
- Two variants of Urukul are available with different DDS chips: AD9912 and AD9910.
- 4 SMA RF outputs.
- 3 reference clock sources:
- Front panel SMA,
- Rear MMCX,
- Internal oscillator.
- Frequency resolution:
- AD9912: ~8 µHz (47 bit).
- AD9910: ~0.25 Hz (32 bit).
- Phase offset resolution:
- 14 bit (AD9912)
- 16 bit (AD9910)
- Digital amplitude resolution: 14 bit (AD9910 only).
- Temporal resolution of frequency, phase, amplitude updates: 4 ns.
- Profile (AD9910 only) exposed via SPI.
RF signal chain
- Digital step attenuator
- resolution: 0.5 dB.
- range: 0 to -31.5 dB.
- glitch duration: 100 ns.
- RF switch:
- Temporal resolution: 1 ns (limited by ARTIQ FPGA).
- Switch speed: 90% rise in 100 ns.
- isolation: 70 dB.
- controlled by dedicated LVDS lines on EEM1 and by shift register
- Crosstalk: -84 dB with victim RF switch open, -110 dB with victim switch closed.
- Harmonics: at 6 dBm: -40 dB, -54 dB; at 10.5 dBm: -34 dB, -28 dB.
Noise / Stability
- Phase noise/stability (100 MHz ref in, 1 GHz DDS PLL, 81 MHz output):
- 0.1 Hz: -85 dBc/Hz
- 1 Hz: -95 dBc/Hz
- 10 Hz: -107 dBc/Hz
- 100 Hz: -116 dBc/Hz
- 1 kHz: -126 dBc/Hz
- 10 kHz: -133 dBc/Hz
- 100 kHz: -135 dBc/Hz
- 1 MHz: -128 dBc/Hz
- 10 MHz: -149 dBc/Hz
- AM-to-PM coefficient: ~ 5 deg/dB.
- Amplitude temperature coefficient: ~ 0.01 dB/K.
- RF switch turn-on chirp: <0.1 deg/s (excluding the first ~µs).
This module can be used for building control and measurement systems for optical and quantum physics experiments and quantum technologies development. In particular, the Sinara ecosystem is tailored to the needs of working with trapped ions and cold atoms. Compatible with ARTIQ software.
We offer electronics engineering consultancy services related to Sinara hardware, including: custom modifications of hardware, custom firmware and gateware modifications, system design, integration and testing.
Please contact us concerning details of your order and any requirements you may have towards our equipment. All shipping details will be set up as well.