Until recently, data from Earth observation satellites was available for a fee, and its source were massive satellites belonging to large corporations or governments of individual countries - the leaders of the space race. Therefore, the idea of facilitating access to satellite data for all interested users was born.
This project is part of the European Space Agency (ESA) effort to provide access to data and information from the Copernicus Earth Observation Program (Copernicus Data and Information Access Services - CDIAS).
In 2017, a consortium led by Creotech Instruments was selected by the European Space Agency (ESA) as one of the providers of Copernicus DIAS (Data and Information Access Services). Since coming online in June 2018, the CREODIAS platform has hosted numerous scientific and commercial projects, supported by over 22 PB of Earth Observation data accessible instantly and locally.
- Creotech Instruments S.A. (www.creotech.pl) – leader and responsibility for sales
- CloudFerro sp. z o.o. (www.cloudferro.com) – responsibility for IaaS and EO data implementation, operations, sales
- WIZIPISI (www.wizipisi.pl) – responsibility for data discovery (INSPIRE, LOD, SPARQL endpoint)
- Sinergise LTD (www.sinergise.com) – responsibility for EO discovery front-end and OGC standard web services
- Eversis (formerly known as Outsourcing Partners) (www.eversis.com) – responsibility for graphic design, web page
- Geomatys SAS (www.geomatys.com) – responsibility for s/w solutions and development, consulting
- Satellite data repository – up to 30 PB
- full repositories (time and spatial coverage) of Sentinel-2 and 3 (and new Sentinel series satellites such as 5P), ESA/Landsat and Envisat/Meris, Sentinel-1 GRD data and partial repository (Europe) of Sentinel-1 SLC plus 6 months of SLC data for the entire world
- selected elements of Copernicus Services – Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS), Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service (CMEMS), Copernicus Land Monitoring Service (CLMS)
- S2GLC 2017 Experimental Land Cover Collection (land cover classification of a major part of the European continent developed by the Space Research Center of Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN) within the frame of the ESA Sentinel 2 Global Land Cover project).
- EO data is available online, instantly, with no download requirements
- Data can be accessed via many interfaces, including an S3 object interface compatible with the Amazon S3 standard, REST API, WMS/WMTS access or file-type access.
- Full set of IT Cloud resources:
- VM – Virtual Machines (or virtual computing servers) with several operating systems (both free and commercial, e.g. CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Scientific Linux, RedHat, SUSE, Microsoft Windows Server);
- physical servers (bare-metal);
- storage – virtual storage volumes that can be easily mounted in processing environments and an object storage solution;
- virtual networks and routers;
- virtual appliances such as firewalls (FWaaS), load balancers (LBaaS) and VPN concentrators (VPNaaS).
- All customers and users are equal and deserve proper attention;
- We aim to integrate satellite data with other data sources (beyond only geospatial data);
- We are open to innovation, agile, flexible and reliable;
- CREODIAS’ added value is derived from partnerships with selected third-party service providers and researchers – we know where to find the right competences;
- Together with our partners, we build bridges between users’ needs and data sources.