The 3U crate is a main component of the Distributed I/O Tier hardware kit. The enclosure is assembled using 3U sub-rack components compatible with the IEC 60297-3 and IEEE 1101.10-1996 mechanical standards.
The crate provides:
- in-house designed 9 slot backplane compatible with CompactPCI Serial standard
- support to host Rear Transition Modules (RTMs) – the RTMs are usually fully passive boards that provide an interface with external equipment through a direct RTM connector to the corresponding Peripheral Board
- two power supply slots (two power backplanes) to host dual modular redundancy power supplies in load-sharing configuration
1U Fan Tray module that can be mounted either below or above the main 3U crate
DI/OT main backplane
The backplane provides:
- a star topology of 144 LVDS lanes in total (18 LVDS lanes per Peripheral Slot) used as differential or single-ended I/Os to implement communication between the System and Peripheral Boards. Out of those, 1 LVDS lane
- per Peripheral Slot is reserved for the distribution of low-jitter clock and 2 LVDS lanes are designated for high-speed communication
- the Reset line driven by the System Slot to reset all the Peripheral Boards
- a set of 5 multidrop lines (multidrop IRQs) can be used as interrupt lines of 5 priorities, or for any
- other one-to-many signaling.
- a star of single-ended presence detection signals and a service I2C bus (shared among all the slots)
- distribution of 4 auxiliary voltages to all Peripheral Slots.
Please contact us concerning details of your order and any requirements you may have towards our equipment. All shipping details will be set up as well.